Art preview pages for the first issue of Hawkeye: Kate Bishop show off the archer in her Marvel Cinematic Universe outfit from the upcoming Hawkeye Disney+ series.
The character first appeared back in 2005 within the pages of Young Avengers #1. Not only is the book the first appearance of Bishop, but the Young Avengers team and numerous characters, including Iron Lad, Hulking and Patriot. Some of these characters, like Bishop, have either recently appeared or will be show up in the future of the MCU.
Bishop appeared as Hawkeye for the first time in Young Avengers #12 in 2006. Her first appearance portrayed by Hailee Steinfeld in the MCU will be in Hawkeye, which is set to premiere its first two episodes Nov. 24 on Disney+. The show will see Clint Barton AKA Hawkeye trying to reconnect with his family after getting them back in Avengers: Endgame, but he will become mixed up in fighting criminals alongside Bishop, the "world's greatest archer," self-proclaimed as she is. Bishop is one of the latest of the Young Avengers to make their MCU debut through a Disney+ series.
While he did not suit up as Patriot, Elijah Bradley (Elijah Richardson) was seen in The Falcon and Winter Soldier living with his grandfather Isaiah (Carl Lumbly), the Captain America the United States chose to bury and forget until Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) found him. Wiccan (though he is never called by this name) appeared in WandaVision as the son of Wanda Maximoff and Vision, portrayed by Julian Hilliard. Young Avengers #1 also features the first appearance of Iron Lad, who is a variant of Kang the Conqueror, the villain previously teased in Loki (played by Jonathan Majors) and set to make his MCU debut in the now delayed Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
In the preview, while there is no text, Bishop can be seen in a suit like her new MCU attire, taking out several masked criminals with a combination of hand-to-hand combat and trick arrows, leaving them all for the police with a note signed "XOXO HAWKEYE." Unlike Hawkeye, the 16-issue solo series Bishop headlined between 2016 and 2018, the upcoming series will be limited and consist of five issues. The preview and solicitation for the series' first issue can be found below.
HAWKEYE: KATE BISHOP #1 (OF 5)
- Marieke Nijkamp (W) • Enid Balám (A) • Cover by Jahnoy Lindsay
- Variant cover by Phil Noto
- Variant cover by Enid Balám
- HEADSHOT VARIANT COVER BY TODD NAUCK
- VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
- Kate’s heading home!
- Or at least, back to New York. And as much as she wants to go back to where her friends – her chosen family – are, she’s changed since she was last on the East Coast. So she’s picked up a pit stop case first. A confidence-booster, to prove to herself she’s making the right decision and not going to backslide into her past just by changing time zones.
- Besides, the case is perfect: Swanky resort? Check. Jewel heist? Check. Almost definitely 100% a trap? Check.
- Don’t miss this exciting new miniseries from New York Times bestselling writer Marieke Nijkamp and artist Enid Balám!
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Hawkeye: Kate Bishop #1 will be written by Marieke Nijkamp with interior and cover art by Enid Balam, artist Jahnoy Lindsay also contributing to the main cover. Variant covers will be made by Balam, Rachelle Rosenberg, Skottie Young, Phil Noto and Todd Nauck. The issue goes on sale Nov. 17 from Marvel Comics, just one week before Hawkeye begins streaming on Disney+ on Nov. 24.
KEEP READING: The Disney+ Hawkeye Series' Release Date, Story Details and News to Know
You May Like Also