The galaxy's favorite holiday gets a special spotlight in the upcoming one-shot Star Wars: Life Day #1.
Just in time for some of Earth's year-end festivities, Star Wars: Life Day #1 is written by Cavan Scott, Justina Ireland, Jody Houser and Steve Orlando with art by Ivan Fiorelli, Georges Jeanty, Kei Zama and Paul Fry. The special will feature multiple stories representing different eras of Star Wars lore, including an adventure between Han Solo and Chewbacca, a tale starring Solo and Princess Leia and a flashback to the life of Burryaga, a Jedi Padawan from the High Republic.
As the name implies, all of the stories in the Star Wars one-shot center on the holiday of "Life Day." Introduced in the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special, Life Day is celebrated on Kashyyyk and honors the diverse ecosystem of the planet, including its plant and animal inhabitants. Though the Holiday Special was generally ignored by fans and creators alike for years, certain elements of its story have been integrated into the greater tapestry of Star Wars, influencing projects like Star Wars: The Bad Batch and The Mandalorian. Life Day's inclusion here seems to be channeling a sense of cheer, as Chewbacca reminds his friend and co-pilot of the lessons of Life Days past and present.
Recently, Marvel's line of Star Wars comics has been embroiled in the massive crossover storyline War of the Bounty Hunters. Unfolding in the pages of Star Wars, Doctor Aphra, Darth Vader and Bounty Hunters, the story takes place in the aftermath of The Empire Strikes Back, with Boba Fett leaving for Tatooine with the body of Han Solo. As one of the most-desirable bounties in the galaxy, Solo's body starts a war, with people fighting for the right to sell him, kill him or thaw him from his carbonite cocoon. The events of the storyline allowed the nefarious Crimson Dawn organization to gain a foothold on the galaxy, threatening the lives of anybody who crosses their path while addressing some of the dangling threads from Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Outside of the comics, Star Wars will continue to cedlebrate the holidays by gifting fans with the series premiere of The Book of Boba Fett. The show is a spinoff of The Mandalorian and sees actor Temuera Morrison reprising the role of Fett. The first trailer for the series revealed Fett and Ming-Na Wen's Fennec Shand claiming the territory once controlled by Jabba the Hutt, establishing themselves as the new authority in the galaxy's underworld. The Book of Boba Fett will be available on Disney+ starting Dec. 29.
STAR WARS: LIFE DAY #1
- Written by CAVAN SCOTT, JUSTINA IRELAND, JODY HOUSER AND STEVE ORLANDO
- Art by IVAN FIORELLI, GEORGES JEANTY, KEI ZAMA AND PAUL FRY
- Cover by PHIL NOTO
- 40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T/$4.99
- On sale 11/24
- THE GALAXY’S FAVORITE HOLIDAY!
- Happy LIFE DAY! Celebrate the galaxy’s favorite holiday with a collection of festive tales from all across the STAR WARS SAGA! Life Day is the last thing on HAN SOLO’S mind when he and CHEWBACCA find themselves outgunned and under fire. But Chewie won’t give up hope, remembering the lessons of Life Days past and present. As for Life Days yet to come... well, they’ll have to survive the night first!
- Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2021 Lucasfilm Ltd.
Star Wars: Life Day #1 goes on sale Nov. 24 from Marvel Comics.
KEEP READING: The Book of Boba Fett Trailer Solves Obi-Wan's Biggest Mystery
Source: Marvel Comics
You May Like Also